We are always keen to talk to talented individuals – please do get in touch to discuss careers at FasTech.
Supervisor / Manager, Machine Setter & Operator
40 hours per week
Pay Scale – Machining Pay Grade
The role involves setting and operating a variety of CNC Turning Centers and VMC Milling machines, working in ferrous and non-ferrous metals, plastics and composite materials.
- Ability to read a drawing, understand CNC machine setup and configuration, set up raw material and operate a CNC / Milling machine.
- Proper machine setup skills including touching off tools, setting work and tool off-sets, cutter compensation.
- Ability to measure and document all necessary production quality documentation.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to lead and supervisor a team of machinists, operators and shop team members.
- Ability to perform post machining clean-up of parts, including removal of burrs, chips and residue.
- Ability to perform machine preventative maintenance and maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Able to assist and provide technical leadership to other machining operators and lead continuous process improvement opportunities.
- Be able to work within set time scales to maintain our production output.
- Have awareness and adhere to Health & Safety standards.
- Adhere to paperwork & procedures in line with our Quality Systems.
- Ensure Right First Time Quality and On Time in Full Delivery.
The successful candidate requires
- A positive can-do attitude
- Technical experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly or machining, blue print/drawing reading, geometrical dimension and tolerance, reading and understanding specifications, knowledge of quality control, inspection methods and use of measuring tools; micrometers, calipers, thread gauges, height gauges, etc.
- Able to work with flexibility within a team environment & demonstrate the ability for working on their own initiative.
- The position may require prolonged periods of sitting and or regular stand, walk, carry, reach and lift up to 50 pounds during an 8-hour shift.
- To be responsible for the production of components within fine tolerance dimensions to a high-quality standard.
- To have previously worked within a manufacturing environment.
- Have good written and verbal communication skills, including active listening.
- Able to understand dimensional drawing requirements.
- Able to understand geometrical drawings under the metric system.
- Use the correct measuring instruments to maintain quality of produced parts.
We would be particularly interested in talking to people, who
- Have previous experience in an aerospace, medical or defense industry AS9100 / ISO9100 environment
- Are collaborative and engaging
- Have determination and resilience to make changes, even if employees may feel old ways of working are good.
- Are able to work well as a small individual contributor organization
- Are innovative; have foresight on changes needed and ability to bring efficiency.
- Are results-driven responsible to achieve goals and deliver results.
- Are able to adapt to a fast-paced, results-driven organization.
- Want to work in a tight knit organization, without a big hierarchy and have the ability to talk easily with anyone at all levels.
FasTech is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Age/Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran
- Background checks are required for all positions.
- An applicant must have an unrestricted right to work in the U.S.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Manufacturing Coordinator – Full Time
Pay Scale Range $17-23/hr
Are you interested in having a job with the perfect balance of desk and on your feet work? This job may be for you! We are looking for a Manufacturing Coordinator for our growing business! Put your skills to the test every day in this unique work environment!
- Data Entry
- Inventory Counts
- Electronic Filing
- General Administrative Duties
- Updating Production Schedule
- Be able to walk and stand 50% of the time
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Data Entry Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Office 365 related productively tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills
Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma/GED Strongly preferred
- Experience: One to three years related experience and/or training
- Ability to follow schedules and plan out work
- Ability to use computer software to assist in manufacturing and labor tracking preferred
- Must be creative in finding solutions to obstacles
- Superior relationship building skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills with ability to express ideas professionally, effectively and efficiently in the common language
- Ability to establish & maintain effective working relationships with all contacts inside and outside of the company with strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task, focus and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment